CAFE PATISSERIE STORE MANAGER:
We are currently hiring a full-time Store Manager, entailing 40 hours per week to run our new location in White Rock. We require an efficient, self-motivated, reliable, hardworking individual committed to joining a young and innovative team in this position of responsibility. Chez Christophe FOH offer an exceptional level of service to our clients, using a firm grasp on product knowledge combined with a passion for the collections we offer to inspire customers and meet their expectations whilst striving to create a loyal customer base. Professionalism, a friendly engaging manner, strong communication and effective interpersonal skills are imperative.
Applicant must be detail oriented as you will be responsible for packaging and displaying product in addition to maintaining stock levels by effectively communicating product levels with the chefs in a timely manner. Knowledge of fine food, chocolate and pastry is an asset. Previous barista experience is required for this position.
~ Lead team members in the efficient and profitable operation of the store.
~ Demonstrate the ability to lead, effectively communicate, enforce House Rules and Standard Operating Procedures.
~ Foster a positive environment and provide efficient, friendly and superior service on a consistent basis ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both our customers and team members.
~ Display a high level of product knowledge by using your own palette when tasting items combined with the product knowledge guide. You will receive extensive training, have access to our onsite production facility and will be expected to taste-test all products.
~ Ensure that all Company drink recipes and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
~ Ensure that all Company food offerings maintain the highest quality.
~ Maintain high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise and equipment.
~ Package and stock our retail products and maintain a well-merchandised store.
~ Maintain exceptional levels of personal grooming, logo shirt provided.
~ Create espresso-based coffee, tea and chocolate beverages both hot and iced to our specifications; latte art is required!
~ 1 year of management experience in a similar hospitality environment (coffee shop or pastry/chocolate shop preferred)
~ 2 years of barista experience
~ Available during major holiday seasons such as Thanksgiving, Christmas (month of December), Valentines and Easter.
~ Flexible in scheduling: able to both close and open on weekdays and weekends. The business hours of our White Rock location are 8am-5pm Tuesday - Saturday (closed Sunday/Monday). FOH staff commence opening shifts at 730am and conclude closing shifts at 530pm.
Chez Christophe Chocolaterie Patisserie is an award winning pastry shop situated in North Burnaby. During the past 6.5 years we have acquired a rapidly growing reputation as one of Vancouver's sweet-spot destinations. Our product range features fine handmade chocolates, chocolate show pieces, macarons, high-end French pastries and viennoiserie all of which are handmade onsite.
If you are seeking rewarding multifaceted long-term employment in a pleasant environment with a rapidly expanding enterprise with the opportunity to grow within our company, please email your cv and cover letter clearly stating your previous experience. Compensation based on experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview shall be contacted. Please include the title of this ad in the subject section of your email. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please send us an email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short cover letter and resume instead.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Barista: 2 years (Preferred)
- White Rock, BC (Preferred)
FULL TIME AND PART TIME PASTRY ASSISTANT:
We are currently hiring a Full Time Pastry Assistant in addition to a Part Time Pastry Assistant. The ideal candidates must have open availability, specifically Tuesday to Sunday to commence immediately.
Chez Christophe Chocolaterie Patisserie is an award winning pastry shop situated in North Burnaby. Christophe Bonzon is formerly the Executive Pastry Chef at CinCin in Vancouver and has worked on different continents prior to settling in Canada. We have a rapidly growing reputation as one of Vancouver's sweet-spot destinations. Our product range features fine handmade chocolates, chocolate show pieces, macarons, high-end French pastries and viennoiserie all of which are handmade onsite.
- The opportunity to learn new techniques involving high-end pastries and chocolates
- An innovative and creative workplace
- A fast paced environment with a diversity of tasks
- Room to grow within our company over a long term
- We strive to always be creative with our design concepts and development of our product range and continuously evolve our range to reflect a contemporary vision at all times
- 40 hours per week (ft)
- 20-30 hours per week (pt)
KEY ATTRIBUTES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A graduate from a pastry and baking school
- Have a minimum of one years experience in pastry and baking
- Motivated, reliable, hardworking and looking to join a young and innovative team
- Detail orientated and strong attention to detail
- Dedicated to creating a perfect product and strive to be consistent at all times
- Good memory and organizational skills
- Team oriented and positive attitude
- Have access to your own vehicle due to early start times. Please note that we are not situated within the vicinity of a sky train.
- Available during major holiday seasons such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines and Easter
- Kitchen Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pastry Education: AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are seeking rewarding multifaceted employment in a pleasant environment please email your cv and cover letter. Only those candidates selected for an interview shall be contacted. Serious enquiries only please via email.
BARISTA AND SALES ASSOCIATE:
A customer service expert with knowledge of beverage or food preparation that is able to work 25-40 hours per week.
KEY ATTRIBUTES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- polite and professional manner
- positive attitude
- strong work ethic
- attention to detail and cleanliness
- good memory
- love for desserts, pastry or coffee
- team oriented but also an independent worker
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Barista: 1 year (Preferred)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please drop by the cafe with your resume Wednesday-Sunday 10 AM - 4 PM! Although we love to meet our applicants in person it's not always possible. If so please send us an email us at email@example.com with a short cover letter and resume instead.